This one is for our beef purists.
Beef carpaccio is the perfect gourmet starter to impress even the fanciest of guests. It is elegant, tasty and fairly simple to make; allowing the quality of the beef and ingredients to speak for themselves.
- Beef fillet
- Black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Lemon juice
- Olive Oil
- Finely chop the thyme, and add black pepper to make a dry mix
- Trim the ends and all sinew from the fillet then roll it in the coating mix, making sure to coat it evenly
- Grill the fillet on a hot grill (or pan) for roughly 30 seconds on each side.
- Once all sides are grilled, remove from the heat and place the fillet to one side to cool
- After roughly 10 minutes of resting, it is now time to slice your fillet. Tip: the first slice will have excess heat from the grill so either discard it or, better yet, eat it as a little snack.
- Slice the fillet as thinly as possible. With each slice, using the flat of your blade, gently press across the piece in smooth motions to flatten it out. Place each slice on a plate or platter.
- Dress the carpaccio with a pinch of salt, pinch of pepper (making sure not to use too much as there is already some in the crust), and a squeeze of lemon.
- In a separate boll, dress the rocket with salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil, then toss on top of the carpaccio
- Shave the parmesan evenly onto carpaccio
- Dress everything with one last splash of olive oil.