Smother your steak in this heavenly wild mushroom and truffle sauce. The creamy, smooth texture and organic taste of the mushrooms beautifully compliment the deep, rich flavours of the steak. Pair this duo with some triple-cooked chips, or green vegetables, and you have yourself the ultimate steak dinner.
- Unsalted butter, 2 tablespoons
- Minced garlic, 3 cloves
- Assorted wild mushrooms, 450g
- Heavy cream, 1/3 cup
- Dried thyme, half a teaspoon
- Dried oregano, half a teaspoon
- Freshly grated parmesan, 2 tablespoons
- Chopped fresh parsley, 2 tablespoons
- White wine, 1/3 cup
- Truffle oil
- Olive oil
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Warm a pan over medium heat and add the butter.
- After the butter has melted, add the garlic and the wild mushrooms. Stir occasionally until the mushrooms become soft and browned.
- Stir in the cream, thyme and oregano, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add in the white wine, cook and continuously stir, allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Bring everything to a boil, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer until slightly reduced and thickened. Then stir in the parmesan.
- Pour the sauce over your steak (see cookbook for how to correctly prepare and cook your steak)
- Top with the parsley and finish off with a drizzle of truffle oil.
Serve immediately and enjoy!