Tickle the tastebuds with this creamy burrata, zucchini and pine kernel side-dish accompanied by a delectable mustard-and-peppercorn crusted fillet. This perfectly rounded dish is for every occasion; the soft, creaminess of the burrata compliments the bold, spicy flavours of the fillet like a match made in heaven.
Ingredients for ricotta dish
- Zucchini, 400g
- Olive oil
- Pine kernels, 2 tablespoons
- Basil leaves, 10g
- Lemon juice, 1 tablespoon
- Maldon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Method for Ricotta dish
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini into long ribbons.
- Place the zucchini into a wide mixing bowl with four tablespoons of oil and a sprinkle of Maldon salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a shallow pan roast the pine kernels till a pale golden colour. Taking care not to burn them.
- Warm a ridged griddle pan on the stove, then add the zucchini and let them cook till they are golden and lightly blistered on both sides.
- Shred the basil leaves and add them to a bowl with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Add in the toasted pine kernels, the lemon juice, then gently mix the ingredients.
- Remove the zucchini from the heat and immediately tip them into the basil and lemon dressing. Toss the zucchini gently, ensuring that each ribbon is well coated.
- Place a mound of fresh burrata on each plate then add the zucchini. Spoon the remainder of basil and lemon dressing over.
Ingredients for chateaubriand with mustard-peppercorn crust
- Chateaubriand (fillet) steak
- English mustard
- Black peppercorn
Method for chateaubriand
- Crush the peppercorns with a mortar and pestle or use a rolling pin to crush them in a sandwich bag.
- On a baking tray, roll the fillet in the English Mustard until completed coated. Then press the crushed pepper into all side of the fillet and leave to rest.
- Over medium-to-high coals, braai the fillet for roughly 5 to 6 minutes each side, for medium-rare doneness.
- Remove the fillet off the heat and allow to rest.
- Slice the fillet into thick strips (making sure to slice against the grain)
Serve immediately and enjoy!