- White bread
- Cheddar cheese
- Portuguese roll
- Mozzarella & gouda
- Rosa tomato
- Red onion
- Sweet chilli
- Cranberry jam
3 Pro Tips:
- Remember to season your fillings with a pinch of salt and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Use grated cheese when possible, this way you ensure that the cheese melts evenly.
- Ensure that you are braaiing over a gentle heat. If the coals are too hot, you will burn the bread while leaving the fillings cold and uncooked.
Mediterranean-style zucchini salad.
- Zucchini, 4 (sliced into ribbons)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Ground cumin, 1 tsp
- Juice of one lemon
- Garlic clove, 1 (minced)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, 1 cup (roughly chopped)
- Fresh tarragon, 2 tsp (chopped)
- Coat the zucchini ribbons with the olive oil and cumin. Then place them on the braai and cook until they are perfectly charred.
- Transfer the zucchini into a bowl. Add the fresh garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss together until the ribbons are coated. Then add the fresh herbs and lightly toss again.
- Allow the zucchini to cool to room temperature then transfer them to a serving platter. Top with a sprinkle of feta and sea salt.
Grilled Mielie Riblets
- Garlic clove (crushed)
- Cayenne pepper
- Feta cheese (crumbled)
- Cut the sweetcorn vertically down the middle, taking care not to cut yourself.
- Place the sweetcorn kernel side down on the grill, and cook for roughly 10 minutes. While the corn cooks, mix the mayonnaise, garlic, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Remove the sweetcorn from the braai and bast with the mayonnaise mixture. Finish off with a sprinkle of feta and a squeeze of lime juice.